Saturday, March 07th, 2009 | Author:

• Despite reports that Illinois-based pharmaceutical company Baxter International Inc. somehow managed to distribute flu vaccine contaminated with live bird flu virus to Austria, the Czech Republic, Slovenia and Germany
  • Despite the report that this only came to light when a subcontractor in the Czech Republic inoculated ferrets with the product and they died
  • Despite the report that Baxter confirmed the contamination, and the World Health Organization is “closely monitoring” the situation
  • Despite reports that mixing the two viruses would make them extremely potent and contagious
  • Despite reports from the medical community that the contamination could not possibly have been an accident
  • Despite speculation in Czech newspapers that the contamination was a deliberate attempt to create a pandemic, for which Baxter would stand ready to profit through their vaccines
  • Despite all these reports that have been circulating since March 3rd or before … I cannot find even one major news outlet that’s covering this story.

I normally avoid the “conspiracy” word, but …
can you spell c-o-n-s-p-i-r-a-c-y???

Category: Baxter, media, pandemic
  1. threecollie says:

You are absolutely right! I read about this too and wondered why it is being hushed up!

2. Anonymous says:

Thanks for posting.

“Why” is the question, 3C. Do the pharmaceutical companies really have the power to control the media? Is the government involved? Whatever the reason, it can’t be good.

You’re welcome, Anon! Thanks for stopping by.

Update: A comment was posted by "Sham" on Mar 11, 2009 at 6:48 PM. I have deleted the comment, although the text is still available here:

The comment has been modified by special request to remove the addresses of the Baxter executives listed.

5. Winston says:

I read this article last year and bookmarked so i could use it for a paper and now it is gone. the Toronto Sun’s website says, it has been removed. Down the memory hole it goes.

Unfortunately, a lot of newspaper archives are limited. I wish I could say I saved the whole article … but I didn’t. Sorry