Friday, March 27th, 2009 | Author:

Excuse me for not being impressed that the governor and the highway patrol have retracted the report that stated, among other things, that terrorists are likely to support third-party candidates … and the constitution. (Silly people.)

They’ve sent an apology to Ron Paul, Bob Barr, and Chuck Baldwin.

Woop-de-doo.

The problem is not, as they seem to be saying, that the report wasn’t first reviewed by the top muckety-mucks. The problem is that “the land of the free and the home of the brave” is engaging in profiling of its citizens. Period.

1. Cato says:

Maybe if we took on Muslim names and carried a Koran, the government would stop profiling us…

2. ~ Sara ~ says:

Hey now, don’t you know it means more when the governor makes a statment. :) It makes me feels all warm and fuzzy…

Profiling? What IS profiling?!

3. Hercules Mulligan says:

Hoh boy. So true.

Cato, lol. I’m Ali Kareem Mafud from now on. No idea what that means, but that’s my new moniker.

Sara, oh yesh … I feel warm ‘n’ fuzzy, too. But a bit TOO warm for comfort … *sizzling*

Thanks for posting.

Interesting idea, Cato. I bet Muslim names combined with Christian ideals would really screw up their profiles. lol

Politicians are good at making us feel all warm & fuzzy, Sara, so your governor must be a good politician. And I think profiling is when they draw a silhouette of your face and fill it all in with black … :)

AKM, I'll try to remember your new name. You don't mind if I shorten it, do you? I'll never remember how to spell it otherwise. :)

“The problem is that “the land of the free and the home of the brave” is engaging in profiling of its citizens. Period.”

And that is very exactly the point. I just read the news story that you linked, and what I take away is that the lieutenant-guv seem to be upset chiefly because the profiling operation concentrated on one brand of potential insurgents and seemed to neglect “environmental radicals” and the like. The work didn’t meet the usual high quality standards. They didn’t do it right. If any of these people have any awareness at all that the political or philosophical thought of the citizens who are allegedly “served” by badge-wearers is emphatically NONE of the business of those badge-wearers, they gave not the slightest hint of such awareness here. There is only the assurance (yeah, sure!) that they’ll “get it right” next time, and try to avoid annoying the Ron Pauls and Chuck Baldwins of this world. And that’s a LONG way short of good enough.

You know that, Jim, and I know that, but how do we get the point across to the police-state muckety-mucks?