Sunday, March 29th, 2009 | Author:

Hurray, hurray, my picture is in, thanks to Blogatech!

The only problem is the little “yeah, right” title on the left side shouldn’t be visible. (Okay, I shrunk it down so you have to look real hard, but I still know it’s there.) The post said I needed to look for something called an H1 tag and delete it, but I couldn’t find one.

If any of you techies out there have any ideas, I’m all ears.

Category: computer stuff
  1. Hercules Mulligan says:

Hello Jean. Haven’t watched the video yet … YET.

I just wanted to compliment your new blog look! The warm colors match the much welcomed approaching warm breezes of spring. :)

Just wondering … is that your wallpaper? If so, I think it’s very nice. (The open Bible and the Finney book made me think it was yours). :)

Hope yours was a blessed Sunday.

Herky

Thanks, Herky! Yes, that’s the wallpaper in what we call “the library” and my predecessors would have called the “back parlor.” It’s my favorite room, with big pocket doors.

And you, obviously, have great eyes to pick Finney out of the piles of my favorite books. :)

3. Mrs. Mecomber says:

Hi Jean! Looking good around here.

As far as your header title, here’s what you can do. (I hope this works in this comment form):

In your template code, find this:

h1.title {
    display: block;
    margin: 0 14px;
    padding: 0 0 40px;
    line-height: 1.4em;
    font-size: 50%;
    }

After each one, put in “display: none;” without the quotes. So, your code should look like this:

h1.title {
    margin: 0 14px;
    padding: 0 0 40px;
    line-height: 1.4em;
    font-size: 50%;
    dosplay:none;
    }

That should, uh, display none! Hope it helps. Sorry I didn’t get your HELP email in time. Glad you found someone to lend you a hand.

Thanks, Mrs. M. I’ll try again … um, sometime. It’s going to be a busy week. :)

5. Mrs. Mecomber says:

No problem!

On my tech blog, I have an “Industrial Strength Search Engine.” I have posted about how to add things to Blogger in the past. If you use the search engine, you will find some of those posts where I gave tutorials. Hope that helps.

Mrs. Mecomber, you make life far too easy! Your “display none” worked like … well, like it was supposed. Thanks again!