Tuesday, October 06th, 2009 | Author:

[Note: Credit for the title of this post goes to Rebecca.]

Remember a couple weeks ago when I revealed what happens when a wild cat moves into your garage? In case you forgot, this is what happens:

Today I have another question. What happens when you’re sitting on the front porch and you hear what you first think is a bird, then you look over on the other porch and realize it’s a tiny orange kitty … crying in the rain?

Well, if you’re like me, you go rescue the kitty … and the other two that are there, also. And then you and your husband look all over for the Momma and the other kitties, and when you can’t find them, you put the three you have into a box in the kitchen. Then you kitty-proof the kitchen so they can’t get under the stove or behind the refrigerator. And your hubby cuts some boards to keep them confined to the kitchen.

And you get some kitten replacement formula (I learned that you’re not supposed to give them regular milk – not enough protein, and it causes diarrhea.) And you get some kitty canned food, and some kitty dry food, and some kitty toys, and some litter, and your hubby makes a litter box low enough for them to get into – and voila! This is what your kitchen looks like when they’re not sleeping!

Note: there’s no audio on this clip.

Category: cats, nature
  1. threecollie says:

Awwww…they are so cute!

2. AKA Angrywhiteman says:

well, you're in trouble now, ;-) They've breached the inner sanctum.

3. The Other Alice says:

I think you should name the black kitten "Obama"… or maybe, "Barack."
    Well… it might hurt the poor kitten's feelings…

Although the kittens are cute, please be very careful! I have a friend who started feeding kittens and stray cats and now she has so many cats around her house that she spends a small fortune on cat food. And those kittens have more kittens, and the cats keep multiplying… It is a big problem for my friend, and I would hate to see it become a problem for you.

By the way, we have the exact same flooring in our kitchen. :)

Oh Jean, don't you listen to Renee!! ;) heehee There's no such thing as too many cats!!!

hahahahhahahaa!

The video is ADORABLE!! More, more, more!!!! I wish I could squeeze them and enjoy them like you are. I am a real sucker for cats. Incidentally, I'm not the lady to whom Renee refers.. but I guess I could be! :D

Enjoy!

@3C They are cute, indeed! Want one or two?

@AKA I am in trouble. This is like having 3 babies in the house. At least they're big enough I don't have to do bottles.

@Alice Not on your life! I wouldn't do that to a kitty. But the name thing is a problem times three. Start thinking, 'cause I feel a "name the kitties" post coming on. BTW, the tricolor is a girl, and the other two are boys – or so the vet thinks.

@Renee Actually, that's how this started. The sweet, old lady across the street started feeding a stray – which brought more strays for her to feed – who had kittens – who had more kittens, who wound up in my garage. But not to worry! These are now house cats who will be fixed at the appropriate time.

@Rebecca Actually, 3 is my limit on house cats, and my hubby is still hoping we might find homes for a couple of them. And fear not! This blog will be inundated with videos and still shots. How can I resist?

I can't stop watching the video!!!! lol.

I love it when they get the "scaredy-cat" reaction– their tails fluff out and they move sideways so as to look scary. Livvy does it all the time, and we call it "the spookies."

LOL!!! So cute.

I am a person who thinks the "fixing" of animals is a dangerous fad. You see, with everyone fixing their cats, we may wind up wiping out the domestic cat breed! Yet I am in favor of fixing feral cats, though (which you seem to have). But Siamese, Devon Rex, etc… I am moving away from the opinion of fixing cats as an automatic part of cat ownership. Just my two cents!

LOL! That is absolutely adorable! I watched this video at the library, and I started laughing out loud!

@Rebecca I love that "scaredy-cat" thing, too. I call it the "vicious tiger" look. :)

These guys are definitely feral, but they are adapting to being housecats amazingly fast. They're all litter-trained, and they know (loudly) that I'm their food source. Our power was out the other night, so the house got a little cooler than they've become used to. The next morning when the blower was on, all three of them were lined up sitting on the register. Too cute! Alas, the camera was not close enough to capture it.

@Jay They make me laugh all the time, too – like when they're climbing my leg or sneaking into the refrigerator. :) Glad you enjoyed.

@Rebecca Forgot. I agree about not getting all cats fixed, but with three of them, and them feral, I can't see not doing it. My mother had a Siamese she didn't have fixed for several years thinking she might breed him. It was a mess, though, as he was spraying all over the house.

And I had a female that I never had fixed. When I first took her to the vet, he said she was too small, and somehow we never got around to it. Her monthly howling spell wasn't fun, especially when it collected all the howling toms outside our windows. But then again, she lived to be 22, so maybe it was better for her.