Saturday, October 10th, 2009 | Author:

I figure if Obama can get the Nobel Peace Prize by talking about world peace – right before he has a meeting about sending more people to die in Afghanistan – I should get one, too.

I think I’ll go for the Nobel Prize for Literature. I am planning to write a book, after all. I even have notes.

So all I need to do is blog about my book plans every day between now and the February 1st deadline for next year’s awards.

Waddya think?

Category: grins, hypocrisy
  1. HeatherRadish says:

Would you be more likely to complete the book over the next three years if you already have the reward for it? I'm seeing this as an attempt to influence American foreign policy. Maybe not specifically to encourage him to abandon Afghanistan to the Taliban, but certainly to keep on his path of dismantling America's defenses and appeasing totalitarian dictators. Certainly the million-dollar check won't hurt (the Constitution says elected officials aren't allowed to accept money from foreign states, but the Constitution says a lot of things no one heeds anymore, doesn't it?).

2. threecollie says:

I would vote for you.

3. Anonymous says:

So how long now has the book been in the plan? :-) How many times has the theme changes? :-)
    Connie

I think you should go for it!! I'd vote for you to get the Nobel Peace Prize (after all, it would be nice if someone earned it who actually acheived something)! :)

5. The Other Alice says:

Yes, I second the motion. But I think you should get a Nobel Prize for rescuing little kitties.

If Obama can get a Nobel Peace Prize, anyone can! After all, he didn't do anything. (except further destroy America) How shocking! Who decides who gets Nobel Peace Prizes, anyway?

And if you keep blogging about your intentions to write a book, you're right on track to get a Nobel Prize ;)

You could be a non-conformist and receive the prize, but then refuse it… saying the whole thing is a sham and a joke! :D

(But keep the money.)

@HeatherRadish "Would you be more likely to complete the book over the next three years if you already have the reward for it?" Heck, no! I'd be more likely to take the money and run, so maybe their plan will backfire.

@3C Aw, thanks. BTW, does the Nobel committee recognize your vote? :)

@Connie Hey, this book has real notes. In the computer. With chapter numbers and everything. No more of that writing on a napkin with the diner's ketchup bottle for me!

@Jay Woah! Do you know about something I achieved that I don't know about? :)

@Alice Aawww. A kitty award. Just imagine how many kitties that million dollars would rescue!

@Renee I don't know who decides. I suspect there's a committee somewhere. Nothing gets awarded without a committee. :)

@Rebecca What an excellent idea – especially the part about keeping the money. Gotta feed those kitties, ya'know!

9. Ken Eastburn says:

So, even though I know I'll be accused of being a bad Christian (and pastor) I'll say it:

Obama wasn't looking to win the Nobel Peace Prize. He said he didn't deserve it and accepted it on behalf of the goals he has set.

If we're going to bash anyone for him getting it, it is the folks who decide. Obama did nothing wrong.

@Ken No such accusations in sight! And you're right that the Nobel committee should get a good thrashing. The common consensus is that they're trying to influence Obama's future actions – a bit like graft in advance.

But I'm not sure that Obama's as innocent as he would like us to think. I read an article (somewhere!) that speculated he was greasing the Nobel wheels on his trip to Copenhagen.