Wednesday, November 25th, 2009 | Author:

Apple pie, to be specific.   It’s hard for me to slice and dice these days, so I made the crust while my dear hubby was slicing the apples.  Then I washed a few of the dishes.  Then I turned around, and voilà – the secret ingredient:

Notice anything unusual?  Like some indentations that look suspiciously like kitty prints? I, of course, went on the hunt to find the culprit.  Which one of these innocents do you suppose is guilty?  I’ll never know.

Category: cats, grins
  1. threecollie says:

Liz says to tell you thanks for making her feel better. She has been fighting for a couple of weeks now to adapt her pie crust recipe to the new no trans fat Crisco. Her crusts keep falling apart but no kitty tracks yet.

Oh my! It looks like one of those elaborate pie crusts with special designs on the top! :)

I absolutely HATE making pie crust- I leave it to my mom! I think I would have thrown every ounce of that crust in the garbage promtly! :)

@threecollie I’m glad Liz feels better, and if she wants kitty tracks, I can spare a few. And I’d replace that no trans fat Crisco. It’s bad for you. The best pies I ever had were made in the north woods in Canada, in a woodstove. The crust was made with lard. :)

@Renee It does, doesn’t it? Maybe I should have called them back to get the pattern complete!

@Jay What, and throw out all that work? Never! I just dusted off the hair. I did consider throwing out the cats, though. :)

5. Sara says:

OH that is just toooo funny! On the serious side, I would have been tossing kitties out the door left and right. :) Glad your able to find the humor in it. :)

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!

I’ve been tossing them here, there, and everywhere, Sara … but they just keep coming back for more!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, as well.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so hilarious!!

Was it yummy, ro did the pie have a slight taste of cat litter?? I know, I know! Disgusting!

Great photo though. I’ll be laughing at this for years to come! Happy Thanksgiving. :D

8. Brickster says:

Hoo boy! I guess one of the cats thought the pie crust wasn’t quite right yet!

9. ROFL to Renee!!!!!!

Oh, but they are too cute to be guilty!

Hey, it wasn’t an apple pie turned “Pumpkin” pie, was it? ;)

10. What this appears to be, Jean, is … “puddy pie.”
    :D

@Rebecca The pie was delicious. I think the very flavorful apples must have masked any aftertaste. :)

@Brickster Based on their activities, the dear little kitties think a lot of things around here aren’t “quite right yet.” Stay tuned. I’m working on a kitty documentary. :)

@Alice Cute and ever-so-innocent, eh? Hah! But no, Pumpkin is still running around causing trouble. Too furry to bake.

@Herky Ugh, my punny friend! Maybe if Tweety were here, they wouldn’t get into so much mischief.

12. *lynne* says:

Teeheehee… I use the premade pie crust; I’ve not ‘graduated’ to making my own yet.

… it’s strange to me that the pawprints are so “obvious” – none of your kittys looks overweight, so perhaps one of them very deliberately sunk their paws into the crust?

(dropped by via FreakyFrugalite, btw)

Welcome, Lynne! I don’t think it was weight so much as motion. I think the two deepest prints happened when the kitty jumped on the counter. Pretty much like when they jump onto the couch first thing in the morning and land one foot in my tea cup. :)