Wednesday, December 09th, 2009 | Author:

… well, some of it.  The worst of the storm is over, and we wound up with 10 inches of snow.  (Yes, I measured.)

So the challenge was getting this poor, old body to dig out a little bit, as hubby is out of town for the week.  Was I the one that said only last week that I like snow?  I take it all back.

Category: nature
  1. Sara says:

Ummm yes you did… :) I loved snow as a little girl… now it’s just another bad 4 letter word… :) lol

I don’t know why this always happens to me. For some reason, when I think about it, I think, “I like snow. It’s pretty.” Then reality hits. You would think I’d have this figured out well enough by now to keep my lip zipped. :)

As an after thought, I never even liked it when I was a kid. I would get all bundled up and go out with the other kids – and 5 minutes later I’d be back inside ’cause my hands and/or feet were cold and wet.

I guess there’s some things we just can’t learn.

Awww… I wish I could help you. I’m young and strong after all :D

I honestly don’t like snow at all. It is beautiful, and fun to snowboard in, but I hate trying to get out of the driveway in the morning. Our driveway is stone, therefore hard to plow, and usually we end up digging out our car… AND the driveway :(

Hey, I wish you could have helped, too, Jay. Believe me, I would have taken it! :)

But I did it in stages and I’ll be able to get my car out tomorrow. My husband getting in on Friday is another story. LOL

I had to do the same thing… dig my car out from under the snow. It’s not the snow I dislike, it’s the COLD! I am usually one of the coldest people around. When everyone is comfortable, I’m cold. Wouldn’t it be much nicer to have all that pretty snow without the cold! Just a beautiful, sparkly, white snowfall with comfortable weather. That would be nice! :) It wouldn’t be so bad to dig the car out then.

I guess we’d all be better off just accepting that each season has its associated chores: shoveling in winter, mowing in summer, raking in fall, planting in spring.

But I’m with you on the cold. I would like fall to last until Dec 15th. Then we have winter until Jan. 15th. Then we have spring. Waddya think?