Wednesday, August 18th, 2010 | Author:

I’m in the middle of a fibromyalgia flare, and have realized over the last few days that it hurts to think – yes, think. So no WFW this week, but hopefully I’ll be back at it next week.

My apologies, also, to those who have left comments which have gone unanswered.  See above.

Category: Word for Wednesday
  1. threecollie says:

I am so sorry for your pain and hope you feel much better very soon. Take care..

2. Miss Natural says:

I hope you feel much better soon. God bless x

I’m very sorry to hear that. You’ll be in my prayers.

By the bye, it often hurts me to think, too, and I have no fibromyalgia to account for it. In my case, the technical, medical term is chowderheadedness.

I pray you recover quickly.

Jim’s funny comment reminds me of something Thomas Sowell once said:

“The problem isn’t that Johnny can’t read. The problem isn’t even that Johnny can’t think. The problem is that Johnny doesn’t know what thinking is; he confuses it with feeling.”

LOL. Yup.

Anyway, take it easy. :)

5. jon-paul says:

Hey…I’m feelin’ ya’ — no demands, promises, or anything that will exacerbate the pain you have — and that means nothing! You’ve got some great friends here who are willing to cope with as much of that pain as the Lord will let them. Cheers!

jps

6. Oh, gee, I’m awfully late! I don’t know what fibromyl-uhh…. flare is, but I don’t need to understand to have compassion on thee in thy sufferings! I do pray you’ll get better! What Jon-Paul said is true; trust in the Lord and lean not on thine own ability or inability to think! (I don’t think I have that fancy flare-thingy, but I do understand what the inability to think is like! I think it’s that chowderheadedness Jim mentioned. Sometimes we take the brain for granted…)

Here’s a word I’m reading right now from James 5.

“Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing psalms. Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. Confess your trespasses to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.

We are praying for you! And remember God is faithful to answer those who call upon Him!

7. Oops. Wutsup with the italics there in my comment? What now is my blunder in the technological realm?

Ehe. Chowderheadedness, maybe. ;)

Anyways, get better, Jean!